According to Paul Schoemaker at Inc., here are some of the attributes of adaptive strategic thinkers, “the kind who thrive in today’s uncertain environment”:
- Strategic thinkers anticipate by looking beyond the walls of their company.
- They think critically, and question everything, challenging even their own beliefs.
- Strong strategic thinkers interpret the patterns from multiple sources of information and encourage others to do the same.
- Strategic thinkers make decisions that “balance speed, rigor, quality and agility.”
- Strategic leaders align stakeholders by building trust and fostering open dialog.
- Perhaps most importantly, strategic thinkers never stop learning and seeking feedback.