Consumer Reports on the NAHB’s Certified Aging in Place Specialist program

The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) established a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) designation some time ago. Consumer Reports recently discussed the CAPS designation and highlighted some of the ways to remove barriers in a home to make it more accessible.

Builders who are Certified Aging in Place Specialists can suggest ways to update your home that will fit your needs and budget as you age. To find one, go to the website of the National Association of Home Builders, and type “Hire a certified aging in place specialist” in the search box.

The website of the National Aging in Place Council offers advice on home modifications, along with links to all types of service providers, including remodeling consultants. Click on the pull-down menu “Practical Advice” to find photos and information under “Making Your Home Senior Friendly.”